Pages

Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

change of scenery

I am one of those people who often gets an itch for a change of scenery around my house. This used to annoy Josh, but now he often welcomes and participates in the changes. Consistency will wear a person down I tell ya.

Well, this time my kitchen got it.

Almost six months ago I pinned this image with the words, If I could clear some counter space, I could do this.
Pinned Image

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I saw this image and also saw my answer.
Pinned Image
Getting my knife block off my counter, would definitely clear some counter space.

So, I marched down to target with my Christmas gift card in hand and got myself a magnetic knife strip.

So that I could do this.

The only thing I needed was to find a tray for corralling it all.
When all else failed, I shopped within in my own shop.
Perfect seafoam green tray find.
And a bonus - I found a vintage coffee can that had been forgotten about.
I
Clearly my kitchen utensils are not as easily color coordinated as Martha's. 


I was excited to be able to corral some of my everyday use items out on the counter.
EVOO in vintage jar
Toothpicks in apple container
Salt and Pepper pinches
Measuring cups

I added my ceramic farmer's market basket from the swap to the scale.

Always gotta have clementines when they're in season.

This little switch up also helped clear a perfect spot for my iHome, because cooking without music just isn't cooking.

I saw this fun play on words on pinterest (where else?) and thought it was thoroughly appropriate for above my music in the kitchen. So I made a little sign for myself.
Let us turn up the beat. 
Yes, lettuce. :)

I know I'm not the only one who loves a good change of scenery - so what have you been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.