Pages

Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

project-ing

I've had a few projects up my sleeve that I've been working on as gifts that I can now share.

One was a belated Christmas gift for my brother's girlfriend, Shannon. I follow her on pinterest, and I noted this project that she had pinned. That's one great thing about following your friends on pinterest - it gives you great gift ideas!
Pinned Image

After seeing this, I stumbled upon an old spice rack that I knew would be perfect.

A few coats of black spray paint and I had a whole new nail polish organization shelf to give her.
I was pleasantly surprised by how many nail polish bottles can fit on the shelf.

Hope you love it, Shannon!


Next up, is a project I've had in the works for a few weeks. I was originally introduced to this idea by my friend, Vanessa. She originally pinned this idea and executed it beautifully for her mother.
Pinned Image

When thinking about my own mother's upcoming 50th birthday, I thought this idea would be a perfect gift - 50 years of memories. So I used facebook and email to contact lots of people who know/love/have history with my mother and asked them to send me a memory of her.
I got lots of lovely responses and I knew that bundled and read together they would make her feel special and remind her of the amazing woman she is and has been to so many people.

I wanted to make my own envelopes, but in the time crunch it didn't happen.

My mom called me after she received it - she laughed, she cried, she loved it. 
Thanks to all the people who contributed to this special gift.
And happy, happy birthday Mom! 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.