Pages

Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Grady's 1st Birthday!

I totally thrive in party planning mode.
It's just one of those things I enjoy doing. Designing, decorating, crafting, cooking - count me in.
And when it's for someone I love, my joy increases tenfold.

I always said I wasn't going to be that mom.
You know, the one that plans a big party for that birthday they'll never remember?
But you know what I decided? Grady's first birthday is a big deal and should be celebrated to the fullest with all the people that love him.
And that looks different for everyone, but if you like to throw parties, it might look kinda like this:

A fun theme,

























stuff for the kids to do,















lots of family and friends,











a smash cake event,








Shout out to Lora (from Tater Tots on Etsy) who made this hat and bib combo exactly as I imagined it!



























special presents,





a photobooth,














and lots of love!


We were able to borrow things and use what we had in order to keep the party budget-friendly.
We DIY'ed a couple things that were easy and inexpensive.
We got one big piece of plywood in order to make three different things for the party:

The Polaroid PhotoBooth

Basically, it's a piece of plywood with a square cut out of the middle, painted white, with painted on lettering for your event. DIY photobooth - done and done.


Mousetrap Monthly Photo Display

I took monthly photos of Grady during his first year and wanted a fun way to display them during his party. So, we got a big piece of plywood, painted it white, then disassembled mousetraps to use as clips and painted the numbers 1-12 on them! Inexpensive and perfect for displaying pictures!


Giant Number 1 Sign
I freehanded a number 1 on the plywood and then Josh evened it out with his ruler and cut it out. Slapped some white paint on it and called it good.

I also crafted a few things:.

Tassel Garland
 Made of tissue paper, this is a great and inexpensive party item!
Just search 'tassel garland' on pinterest if you need a tutorial!

Cupcake Toppers
I used photoshop to cut Grady's little face out of a photo and give him a party hat.
This may have been my favorite thing of the day - it made me smile just to look at!


Large Photo Backdrop
 
I got these 20x30 pictures printed at Staples for under $3 each and mounted them to foam board to make a backdrop display.

Tri-Color Smash Cake
I also tried my hand at making a smash cake!
I wanted it to coordinate with his colors so I used one funfetti cake mix and divided it into thirds and then used food dye to color it accordingly!

 It came out just as I envisioned! I couldn't believe it!



It was a seriously great day and I don't think Grady could have been more loved.



 Do I really have a toddler now?!

This party was awarded "Best Decorations" by Party Pail!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.