Switching things up and making your place feel new again at the beginning of each season is so fun to me. And who doesn't love a seasonal pillow? How about for about $5?!
I shared this easy DIY seasonal placemat pillow last year on my Instagram when I wasn't blogging and I had so many people tag me showing me how they did it too and it made my heart happy!
So this year I thought I'd share a more thorough breakdown and some of this year's
placemats that I think would make the cutest seasonal pillows this fall!
Here's the super-easy steps:
1. Go to Target (or home decor store of your choice)
I'm just saying Target because they are carrying this placemat again and have other cute options for placemats.
2. Get some pillow-fill from the craft store (less than $3 usually)
3. Seam-rip a hole just big enough for your hand to be able to fill the placemat
with poly-fill (I suggest the bottom right-hand corner)
4. Fill 'er up nice and full.
5. Sew back uptake section you opened
Took me less than 5 minutes by hand.
6. Enjoy your new seasonal pillow! And it's even got fringe!
Tag me on Instagram if you make one! I love to see homes being made cute and cozy on the cheap!