Pages

Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Here's to 2012

Every year, I make mental resolutions of things I want to change or make better for the upcoming year, but I usually forget about them. So, I figured if I write them down and publicize them this year, I'm bound to not forget them at the very least.

Write more letters.
Pinned Image
I have so much beautiful stationary just sitting in my desk. This year, I want to use it up telling my friends and family I'm thinking of them and how much I care about them.


Step out of my hair comfort zone.
Pinned Image
Ever since a haircut gone wrong my freshman year of college, I've been scarred. I've had essentially the same haircut since it grew out. Last year, I gave up dyeing my hair blonde and tried bangs. That was a big deal for me. This year, I'd like to get a semi-dramatic haircut. 


Learn a new skill.
Pinned Image
This year I'd like to expand my skill set. "You know, like nunchuck skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills..."
Truly, I'd love to take a calligraphy course. That's a skill that I could find a use for. I've yet to find a local class though - maybe this year.


Properly name my Photoshop layers.
Pinned Image
More generally, get organized. I've realized that the older I'm getting, the more unorganized I'm getting.
The huge stack of unfiled papers in my office rats me out daily. I'd like to correct this before it's too late. 
Dear iPhone, is there an app for that?


Nail down signature foods.
Pinned Image
When I'm asked to bring something to an event, I flounder. I'd love to nail down some fabulous go-to recipes that I can learn to make by heart and have full confidence in their deliciousness.
Shelby, will you bring that thing that you make so well?
Don't mind if I do.


Go on more dates.
Pinned Image
With my husband. Intentional ones. Where we try new things and see new places.
And cherish good ol' quality time together.


Get a library card.
Pinned Image
I sort of blame college for squelching my love for reading. I don't think I read for fun at all during those 4 years. Then I read the Twilight series. Don't judge me. And I remembered what it was like to devour a 500 page book in a day. To feel like the characters in the book were my friends.  And to get lost in a story. 
This year, I want to read more books. Any suggestions, friends?


Entertain more.
Pinned Image
Invite people over. Cultivate friendships. Use every one of my serving platters.


Be generous.
Pinned Image
With money. With love. With grace. 
Remember that all my blessings come from the Gracious Hand above. 

I know, I know, where are the eat healthy and exercise resolutions? We'll leave those for 2013.
So, here's to 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.