Pages

Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

the gift of dinner + free printable

Before you have a baby, you're kind of oblivious to some of the things that go on in the baby world.
I know I was.
But then my friends started having babies and I started receiving meal train requests.
Before you have a baby, it might not naturally occur to you how difficult it can be to actually prepare a dinner with a newborn around. It wasn't until I had a baby of my own that I realized how truly helpful it is to receive meals after your baby arrives.
My sweet friend Kerry set up a meal train for me and for the whole month after Grady was born we received a meal every other day.
This was SUCH a huge blessing for this overwhelmed and overtired mama.
Just knowing there was one less thing I needed to worry about while we adjusted to our new life with Grady helped ease my mind. Cause the Lord knows we would have eaten fast food for those first weeks for sure.
We received absolutely delicious meals and really appreciated the time and effort that went into prepare them for us.
I always struggle with what to make when I'm bring someone a meal - so here are a few of the meals we received (not the actual recipes) and loved. 

Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Pulled Pork Barbecue

Enchiladas
enchiladas

Chicken Parmesan
chicken parmesan

Chicken Salad
chicken salad. chicken salad. chicken salad!!!

Pesto Pasta
Pesto pasta (love pesto!)

White Chicken Chili
White chicken chili.


I want to thank everyone who brought us meals that first month - it was such a blessing and we are grateful to have such good friends.
Because I know how much it meant to me, I want to encourage you to bless your new mama friends with a meal! I've created a free printable that you can use to attach to your meal so you a) don't forget to give instructions, b) in case you just need to drop the meal off, or c) if you just want to make it a little bit cuter.



The file is designed to print out on a regular piece of cardstock. I've designed it so you can print it in grayscale and save that colored ink (yeah, I'm frugal like that.) There are two on a page, so just cut the page in half and you have one to save for later!

You can download it and print it for yourself right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.