Pages

Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

long time coming: mudroom reveal

So this has been a long time coming since I first shared my mudroom inspiration board.
But let's just say getting pregnant really zaps your energy for finishing projects.

Alas, I present to you: project mudroom.

Before:
This is the outside wall, which we knocked out to put in a sliding glass door:

And the inside - note the carpet and the back wall:


After:

In order to make this a practical mudroom, we installed 8 coat hangers along the main wall for lots of storage.

A thrifted valance find.

Easy access umbrellas for rainy days.

One of our best finds was this end-of-season bench at World Market for $40.

A thrifted suitcase sidetable.

This was my favorite yard sale find of last season. A 50's, art deco clock. 
I love that the numbers flip when the time changes.

Shoe storage was a major essential for this room.
 Josh built these crates out of old pallets and then we painted them.
He also built that bed for Baxter out of pallets.
Yes, that window will get a curtain...someday.



This is the first room we walk into when we enter the house, so a bulletin board to pin cards and notes just seemed right.


We brought in an old dresser for some additional storage. We use it to store odds and ends and Baxter's stuff.


I just have to smile when I see this chair and painting. As a spontaneous gift, Josh gave me $6 and told me to go make the most of it at the thrift store and these two items were it.
Aqua blue vintage school chair = $5
Vintage floral painting = $1




We finally found a home for Josh's map.

Another essential - a mirror by the door for doing double-checks before leaving the house.


The biggest changes we made were 1) ripping up the carpet and refinishing/painting the cement for easy cleaning 2) installing the sliding glass door for inside access to the deck.
Shout out to Lucas Dollarhite for helping with the install!


And don't forget the light fixture! I wish I had a before picture of the the miniature ceiling fan that was there before. It was quite comical.

So there you have it, our biggest diy project to the house to date.

I'll be back tomorrow to share some of our project breakdowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.