Pages

Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

a lesson in gardening

Last year we built window boxes for the front of our house. I was so happy with how well they held up over the winter and couldn't wait to fill them up again this spring.
Only this time, I'm applying a few lessons I learned from last year: 
Flowers die if you don't water them.

Last year I just went to the garden store and picked out flowers I thought would look nice for the window boxes. But, I am not diligent about watering my flowers, I now know this about myself. Why else do you think I fill my house with drought-resistant succulents?

So, here's another little tidbit I learned: 
Despite their name, impatients impatiens are a rather forgiving flower. 

They were the one flower that survived in my dry window boxes last year.
So this year, they'll be stealing the show and saving the day.







So, I definitely don't have a green thumb, but I'm learning.
 What's your favorite flower to plant?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.