Pages

Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Fall Must-Make: Apple Dumplings + Apple Recipe Round-Up


I can't believe I'm doing this but I'm giving up my most prized apple recipe.
Because really, good food is meant to be shared.
This recipe is so nostalgic for me because it's my mom's and she makes
it even better than I do.
So without further ado, I give you:
Apple Dumplings

I love this recipe because there's not much in it but it's so super delicious.
Ingredients:
- Jiffy pie crust mix
- cooking apples (whatever you prefer)
- brown sugar
- cinnamon
-butter

I think the other reason I love it is because there's no measurements for the filling part.
I'm an eyeball it kinda girl. And that's why I usually prefer cooking for the eyeball-it, intuition, non-precise, forgiving nature of it. 

Step 1: Peel and cut apples into small pieces.
I usually do about 4-5 apples depending on the size. Again, eye-balling it.

Step 2: Place apples in a bowl and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.

Step. 3: In a separate bowl, mix Jiffy pie crust according to box.
You could make your own piece crust or use store bought but I honestly think
this Jiffy crust is what makes it so delicious.

Step 4: Roll pie crust out into a rectangle on a floured surface.

Step 5: Cover pie crust with apples and sprinkle with small pieces of cold butter.

Step 6: Roll into a tight log

Step 7: Cut log into pieces
Sometimes I do 6, sometimes I do 8. Depends on how I'm feeling.

Step 8: Grease an 8x8 pan and place pieces in apple side up

Step 9: Make your sauce.
Boil together:
-2/3 C sugar
- 1 1/2 C water
- 2 TB butter
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Let boil 3 minutes.

Pour your sauce over your slices.

Step 10: Bake at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned


Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Best served a la mode. Duh.

And here it is all in one place:
Ingredients:
- Jiffy pie crust mix
- cooking apples (whatever you prefer)
- brown sugar
- cinnamon
-butter
Sauce ingredients:
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1 1/2 C water
-2TB butter
-1/4 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
- Mix Jiffy pie crust dough as directed on box.
-Roll out onto a floured surface into a rectangle
- Use cooking apples; peel and cut into small pieces
- Place apples onto pie dough covering the whole thing. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon and small pieces of butter.
- Roll into a tight log.
-Grease an 8x8 pan and cut log into pieces.  Place in pan apple side up.
-Combine sauce ingredients in a pan, stir & bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes, then pour over top of pieces.
-Bake at 425 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Cool slightly and enjoy!


///////

I've also teamed up with some of my favorite mama bloggers to bring you 7 more amazing recipes
to try with your apples this fall! Be sure to click through and add these to your 
must-make list this fall!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.