and there's nothing like being surrounded by people you love....and eating cake.
Some people hate to plan a wedding and find the detail-oriented task to be quite overwhelming, but I was not one of those people. I relished in the planning process and enjoyed finding ways to make my ideas work on a budget (like making over 50 martha stewart inspired poms by hand to hang at the reception). So, today I was thinking about if I was able to get married again this year, what I would do.
I would marry the same guy...
I would wear the same dress...
I would hold the same bouquet (i love peonies).....
and ask the same people to stand by my side.
But if I could plan a wedding again this year, it would be more like this:
1. I would love to do an Amy Atlas type styled dessert table....
2. ...and use mis-matched vintage dessert plates for serving with cute take home boxes.
3. I would use yellow. Billy ball boutineers for the guys.
4. I would drink lemonade (my hubs favorite beverage) out of mason jars.
5. I would wear colored shoes instead of white.
6. I would spice up my girls' bouquets with a pop of yellow.
7. I would have my girls wear something chic and grey.
8. I would make cute and clever buttons for favors.
9. I would choose a beautiful outdoor venue where all my favorite people could sit together at long, classy tables.
10. I would make my own photobooth.