Pages

Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Light It Up

There have been some lighting updates going on in the Goodman household.
If you have a keen eye, you may have noticed a sneak peek when I shared my Thankful Branch on Friday.

I found this vintage rattan lampshade and two others in my thrifting adventures. I just loved the look of it and thought it would be sweet as a hanging light fixture over our kitchen table.

This is what we inherited when we purchased the house. Not bad. Just not our style.

All we did was purchase a regular pendant light from Lowe's sort of like this one
Portfolio Black Casual Track Lighting Pendant


 and replaced the cover that came with it with our lampshade.

New vintage lighting that is totally our style.

It may get a coat of spray paint one day, but for now its original state is perfectly beautiful.

It's twin brother is for sale in the shop.
Vintage Wicker/Rattan Lampshade or Light Fixture

Next up, the mudroom lighting.

In the mood board for the mudroom, I showed you this lighting inspiration.
Pinned Image

So, one of the vintage lampshades I bought wasn't in the best shape. It had some dents and some of the rattan was fraying. But I still knew it had the potential to be awesome. I removed all the rattan so that all I was left with was the metal frame.
And this is what I got.

A pendant style light fixture wouldn't work in this small space, but I love the look of exposed bulbs.
So we just mounted the frame behind a regular old light socket.

We got one of those cool edison style light bulbs. I think I'm in love.

I almost put up this guy instead (another thrift find). I was obsessed with it and thought it would look sweet spray painted all one color. But it didn't jive with the overall look of the mudroom. You'll see what I mean. So, I put him up in the shop and he quickly found a happy new home.
Very anthropologie-esque wouldn't you say?

And for those of you who have been asking, the mudroom reveal is indeed still coming.
Let's just say I'm having curtain issues.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.