Pages

Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

brightening my day

I really believe in little details that help make a day a little happier.
Something as simple as a pretty pattern can brighten my day.

Since I've gone back to work, I make myself a cup of coffee in my to-go mug every morning.
In an effort to make my mornings a little prettier, I upgraded the plastic coffee cozy that came on my mug with a cozy made from a piece of fabulous vintage fabric that my friend Kerry gave me.

You might remember that I upgraded a to-go mug as a gift last Christmas using the same method.
You can read more about the process here.
A sweater sleeve, a piece of fabric and a sewing machine is all you need.
(I think hot glue would work too if  you don't have a sewing machine.)



It was so quick and simple, I made a summer and a winter version. :)


I recently saw these white plastic to-go mugs at the dollar store - so this could make a very inexpensive gift!


And now I sip my coffee on my way to work in a little bit better mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.