Pages

Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

oh beautiful driftwood

While shopping at my local thrift store, this beautiful painting stopped me dead in my tracks. I mean, come on, that's some beautiful driftwood. Psych. Remember saying that in elementary school? I'm bringing it back.

What really stopped me dead in my tracks was the size of this painting and the fact that the frame wouldn't need to be refinished. Visions of a huge chalkboard to go with my non-existent dining table ensued.


Lucky for me, not only was the frame in great condition, but the material of the actual painting was perfect for covering with chalkboard paint. No priming needed. One coat would have done it, but I did two for good measure.

I'm super pleased with the results. So, I encourage you when you're out and about to see past the driftwood - look for the potential in things!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.