Pages

Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

new territory

one thing I get really excited about when I go to new places is checking out the local thrift stores. josh knows this about me. and he's one of those people who likes to make other people really happy on/around their birthday. so one afternoon he toted me around daytona beach in search of treasures.

if I had more room in my suitcase/was able to get furniture, I probably would have picked up a lot more stuff. But here are a few of the treasures I did find in this new thrift territory.


Fun snack bowls in bright yellow: $1 for all 3 
(unfortunately the large pretzel bowl didn't survive the trip home in my suitcase - it cracked).

This funky bird wooden art for our bedroom collage: $1
(I still need to spruce up all the scratches)

Little vintage chalkboard: 30cents

A vintage perpetual calendar: $2

Beautifully patterned tin tray: $.99


Super fun, vintage wedding wrapping paper: $.20

I love it so much, I'm gonna have to force myself to use it or else I'll just hoard it.

I also picked up a few goodies for some friends, but I can't share them or else it'll ruin the surprise!

That's it for the FL finds, but I thought I'd share one of my recent yard sale finds.

I found this old beverage crate at a yard sale for $5.
Pretty good considering Pottery Barn charges $24 for their 'found' crates.


Even better - the guy threw in this old school ruler, a blue mason jar...

 ...and these pretty drinking glasses for free!

Any of you get giddy about thrifting in new places like me?

6 comments:

  1. Hi! I’m your newest follower. Please stop by and follow back when you have a chance. If you’re ever interested in a blog makeover please let me know. Take a look at my portfolio and packages when you get a chance. I’m also hosting a blog hop today as well. Come add your blog when you get a chance if you haven’t already. Hope you are having a Sweet Week.

    A Mommy’s Sweet Blog Design
    Join us every Friday for our Blog Hop!

    Review and Giveaway Blog Directory
    If you feature Reviews and Giveaways come add your blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I had a flashback when I was looking at your thrift store finds! I HAD (probably still HAVE knowing my mother's packed attic) that exact little chalkboard as a kid. My sisters and I would spend hours playing school with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama_Doodlebug, that is so fun! Maybe you'll have to dig it out of your mother's attic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and am super excited! You LOVE thrifting {me too!} and, from a glimpse at your profile pic, you and your sweets are into aviation {my hubs is a pilot!}.

    Love those glasses... they were free !??! They have "drink lemonade out of me" written all over them :)

    xx Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute finds. Thanks for entering Thrifty Thursday. I am following you now. Hope to see you again. Blessings...

    Saved By Love Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Johnnie! Thanks for hosting Thrifty Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments.