Pages

Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

interpretative art

Since implementing my gallery wall ledges, I've been thinking about creative ways to add art without spending a lot of money.

I realize that art is interpretative, so anything that I consider striking and beautiful can be art.
Like, a quote out of a magazine.

All I had to do was cut it out, paste it on a fun background, and frame it.

It fits in so nicely on the gallery ledge.

Another easy idea if you're looking to add art is to frame a special card - like I did in my bedroom collage.
898d2204.jpg  

Then, when I wanted to add some sort of art to my fall mantle, I decided to shop within my own house and see what I could come up with.
These two lovely chair frames were 50 cent yard sale finds that I had tucked away. The lady who sold them to me also offered me the peach bears that sit in those chairs - Thanks, but no thanks.

The metal chairs were pretty easy to remove and then I rummaged through my seasonal potpourri and dug out these funny, shrunken pumpkins. A little hot glue and I had some fall art on my hands.
Those antique petrified keys are one of my dad's many metal-detecting finds. I stuck a few pins in the backing of an old frame and hung them - i just love the way they look.

 
How do you add affordable art to your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.