Pages

Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

thrifted & gifted

When I'm thrifting, I'm always keeping my eyes open for things I can give to people. And I love knowing that my best friends would never turn their nose up at a thrifted gift. 

That was the case with this thrifted bunny. I saw him and I knew he had potential.

A few coats of pink spray paint later and he was a whole new bunny. And he looks so happy in his new home after I gifted him to my friend for her baby girl's nursery.

On subsequent thrifting trip, I found this vintage blue gingham dress. I'm a sucker for gingham and eyelets.

I am not a sucker for weird looking kittens.

A few homemade fabric flowers later and I had a whole new dress on my hands.

Definitely worthy to be gifted to a precious baby girl. 

I also like that my friends know that i love and appreciate a good thrifted gift. My friend Cheryl recently gave me this vintage stationary set and I am in love.

The box gets me everytime. And the stationary is so unique.


Be on the lookout for a 'luv letter' of thanks, Cheryl.

So, what's your take? Are you in favor of thrifted gifts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments.