Pages

Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

somebody pinch me

So, the story begins with my weekly goodwill trip. It was a trip like any other - there were a few things I was debating, but nothing I couldn't live without. 
Then I saw this box. 
I have been shocked and appalled by opening boxes before at goodwill, believe me. People donate some weird stuff. But the fact that the box said the word bathroom, made me even more skeptical. What could Mr. O be donating from his bathroom? A dirty toilet cleaner? Used toiletries? A bedpan?
My curiosity got the best of me.
So, I peeked inside the box...only to be shocked and appalled in a good way.
Mr. O was apparently a classy guy.
Look what he had all up in his bathroom.
A gorgeous chandelier. 
I could not believe my eyes when I pulled it out. Somebody pinch me. Did I really just find this at goodwill?
The details are so unique and beautiful.
Goodwill always surprises me with their pricing too - $7, seriously? I've seen ugly picture frames priced for more.
And would you believe those are real crystals?! 
Good. You shouldn't. Give the goodwill people a little more credit than that.
Still, those faux crystals are going to look so beautiful when it's all lit up.


Here's where my mind went when I saw it:




Now all I need to figure out is how to convince my husband that this is so much better than a ceiling fan. It may be difficult - the man loves a good ceiling fan.

13 comments:

  1. Omg!!! Love that, great find. Gotta admit, a bit jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this is such a great find and for $7.00.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! One of those right place, right time moments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the nack for finding things and knowing what to do with them--a real talent. The way you share inspires people to go on the hunt for great treasure and be creative with their ideas!! Paul G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding me? That is one of THE BEST Goodwill finds ever! Way to go lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an amazing find! Hand strung chandeliers like that go for thousands! Even if they are faux, it's still gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is gorgeous! i want one. your making me want to go hunt around in thrift stores now & i'm totally trying to downsize!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an amazing find! I have never found anything as amazing as that at my Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colleen, I know, right?! I feel like I lucked out because it was so inconspicuous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a crazy good find! You totally lucked out! It's going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much! You're right - I totally lucked out.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments.