Pages

Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

review: no-heat curl methods

I've been seeing these 'no heat curl' methods floating around the internet lately and they've intrigued me. 
So I gave them a try. Here's my thoughts.

Method #1: Sock Bun Curls
You have to watch the video to get the full effect of how to do it.

Skeptical, but willing to give it a try.

Result: Not that impressed. My top curls were really kinky. Too kinky to even photograph. But the underside curls were pretty good - it looked like I just curled my ends. I'm not completely sure I did it right though. I may give it a second try.

I do, however, think this 'sock-bun' makes a pretty and full-looking bun.
Nice and easy for a girl who hates to do her hair. This girl.


Method #2: Vintage-style curls

She makes it look so easy.
Here I am ready to try.

The set-up is pretty cute in and of itself. I'm still not sure if I could pull it off as an everyday look as well as some people I know.

Who knows? I may surprise myself one day. Or I may wake up late and not know how to salvage my hair. Either way, good to know.

Result: This method yielded much better results for me. Although, unlike in her video, I think it's better to start with completely dry hair and then dampen it with a spray bottle. That's what I did.

They were pretty, loose, i-didn't-try-very-hard-for-these curls. And I didn't. All I did was sleep. 


How 'bout you? Willing to give it a try?

6 comments:

  1. Very good post by author on review no heat curl methods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tutorial! Your hair looks lovely with waves. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cindy! You should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for trying these both out, haha, I was going to try both of these someday to compare!

    Sorry for the comment overload but I saw your chandelier on BB and I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. seventhandw, comment overload? no way! i LOVE getting comments and feedback from my readers! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments.