Pages

Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

finding a match

If I had a nickel for every abandoned lid or top I saw in my thrifting adventures - I'd be a rich girl. I've been known to give a lonely lid a new mis-matched home from time to time. For example, this little bird-topped dome was found left without a mate, but I picked it up and matched it with a candle holder from home.


Now I use it to store my excess garlic cloves.


If you go to thrift store at all, I'm sure you've seen many of these cheese domes. I've often seen them paired with wooden plates or cheese boards. But this one was all alone. As luck would have it, it is a perfect mate for this little cake plate I had at home.



Now it helps to display and keep my Easter cookies fresh.


So, next time you see a tossed aside lid, think about how you might be able to give it a new home and find it a match.

1 comment:

  1. It‘s so nice that I found your blog about your link on Miss Mustard Seed. Of course I’ve scrolled a little and like what I see. Now I’m your new follower! ;)

    Take care
    Tine

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments.